Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Learning, Learning and Learning

"Nazi Did Not Invent the Swastika!”

- Swastika has been used as a peaceful symbol for over 2,000 years in many parts of the world -


Anything first time is a learning experience.  It is my first time to self-publish a book, though I published three books in Japan with a Japanese publisher (All in Japanese).  Needless to say, I have learnt may things through mistakes.

I had really focused on contents of the book as well as front cover design.  The choice of title was very difficult - I have many more possible titles but in the end chose "The Buddhist Swastika and Hitler's Cross" - the one which truly reflects main points of the book.  I wonder if the tile is appealing or may scare readers away.

"Have I thought of how I market this book?" "Well, I did not." One of the reasons is that I was planning to find a publisher, but I changed my mind in the beginning of April and self-published at the end of April (I was ready for publishing this book a few years ago, and once worked with three editors, and revised three times and many minor changes.).

I now learn that writing the book is one thing and marketing books is totally another thing!!!  I did not tell anybody ahead of time that I would publish the book, which I supposed to do for marketing.  The book is out already, so it is too late!  This means there are not many reviews on my book, either.

Nothing is too late in my life philosophy.  Now I realize the importance of marketing, seeing only handful people have bought my book at this point.  "PLEASE WRITE REVIEWS!"  Otherwise, who on earth knows that my book exists. I started my research from 2011 and it took me six years to publish this material, because this book will provide important information of the swastika symbol from Buddhist and religious perspectives to the west.  I appreciate your reviews on Amazon.com. I will definitely read your comments.  Especially to those who already read my book, I want to hear your HONEST opinions.  I swear that I won't agree with your comments as long as it comes from your honest feeling.  I want to know how you react to my book.

In fact, your comments will be very helpful for my future project based upon my book. Here is a most recent comment.
5.0 out of 5 starsFive Stars on May 24, 2017Format: Paperback|Verified PurchaseExcellent. Fascinating explanation.
I am now in mood of learning marketing, because marketing means that many more people can learn about the true meaning of swastika and have more understanding of this symbol instead of misunderstandings. Today, especially hate crime has increased since the last year's election.  It is rather urgent to stop enforcing the wrong image of the swastika, and at the same time good learning opportunity about the swastika symbol.

This is very reason not to wait for finding a publisher for my book, and I just felt the necessity of publishing it now!!! .... And marketing it from now on!!!

For this blog, I want to share more swastika photos that I took which are not in my book.  One big reason to write the book is to make people aware of long history of swastika symbol, and don't want to hear people making WRONG comments like "the swastika as the universal symbol of evil," or "Hitler created the swastika symbol."

It will be interesting for anyone to tell me where in New York or elsewhere you can find the swastika on my photos.  Do you see the swastika symbol on the Buddha statue?  Let me start with the easy ones.

 

Peace,

TK



No comments:

Post a Comment

卍Happy Holidays! 卍

 Happy Holidays!   We had many occasions to have dialogues on the Symbol of the Swastika in 2021.  All were online, and are available for th...