Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sharing my good news!

"Nazi Did Not Invent the Swastika!”

- Swastika has been used as a peaceful symbol for over 2,000 years in many parts of the world -


I just want to share good news with you today!
Though it was momentary (five days), last week my new book was #1 Hot New Release in Design on Amazon. I was very grateful for that!   
My kindle version will be on sale 50% off for kindle e-book version during Memorial Day weekend (May 26 - May30) on Amazon. It will be only $4.99 (regular price is $9.99).  The kindle version can be downloaded and read on ANY electronic device including a phone or computer with Amazon's free app. Hope that you will take advantage of this sale.  Also right now the full-color version is also 15% off on Amazon.https://www.amazon.com/Buddhist-Swastika-Hitlers-Cross/dp/1545324565/
Black and White paperback version ($18)  is now available at the Namaste Bookshop at 2 W. 14th Street (between 5th Ave and 6th Ave), New York, NY.  If you are interested, I will give a public talk on “Buddhist Swastika” at Buddhist Education Center at 376 Broadway Suite 17A @White Street, Manhattan Chinatown on Sunday, May 28, at 10:30am - 12:30pm, following meditation and short chanting. I will bring a few copies as well. 
I already gave two talks on the swastika issues in May in New York City - Meditation gathering at Bushwick in Brooklyn and Students meditation group of the Columbia University.  Please let me know if you want me to speak for your circle.
I also realize that my book has three comments so far on Amazon.com. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I hope that many more people will send honest reviews and share their thoughts with me and others. For me, it is encouraging and exciting to hear what people thought about my book, and I feel grateful for them to take their time to write a review.
5.0 out of 5 starsNot a "universal symbol of hate"on April 27, 2017Format: Paperback|Verified PurchaseThis book has been greatly needed in the world. As a person who travels often between eastern & western countries, I've seen how polarization over this symbol has created a lot of unnecessary misunderstanding & negativity. The swastika is often maligned in the West as a "universal symbol of hatred," which is not only untrue, but denies the perspective of millions of people who regard it as wholly positive. As the author asserts, it's only through the sharing of perspectives we can hope to ever bridge the cultural divide. This book was well written (and edited) with a lot of great photos.
5.0 out of 5 starsMany Western readers will be surprised to learn that the ...on April 30, 2017Format: Paperback|Verified PurchaseMany Western readers will be surprised to learn that the swastika has long been a revered symbol of peace and harmony in the Eastern world. In a brave gesture of cross-cultural significance, Rev. Dr. Nakagaki offers us a detailed explanation of the positive history and meaning that this symbol has had for millions of people over the millennia. 
3.0 out of 5 starsGood Luck With Thison April 24, 2017Format: Kindle EditionWhile much ( I don't know all) of what the author says is true I seriously doubt you will get people to see beyond WW II and the Nazis. Just too evil. I know it isn't fair but...
If i remember right the swastika also appears in ancient Native American petroglyph which have nothing to do with Bhuddism.
And please be clear, you can call it a hooked cross but Hitler and the Nazis were no kind of Christians and didn't pretend to be once they'd hoodwinked the Lutherans and others in the early '30's. They were into some kind of weird pan-German paganism that, if i remember right, didn't even include the pantheon of pagan gods that were there pre-Christian era, "Gott be mit uns" belt buckles or not. 
Also my friend, Enkyo Roshi, sent me a great photo with my new book. I love this photo.  See the photo attached. If you buy my book, please do the same/similar. I will definitely put up on my Facebook and blog. 😊
How are you planning to spend your Memorial Day holiday? It may be nice to spend time to read books.  Needless to say, it is nice to include mine in your list.

I have realized that a path of self-publishing is tough, yet has been interesting learning experience personally. I am sure that I will encounter more challenges ahead.

May peace be with you! May my book be with you! May my friends be with me!
Peace,
TK




“Nazi Did Not Invent the Swastika!”
- Swastika has been used as a peaceful symbol for over 2,000 years in many parts of the world - 


If you want to know more, read “The Buddhist Swastika and Hitler’s Cross” by T.K. Nakagaki (2017).






No comments:

Post a Comment

卍Happy Holidays! 卍

 Happy Holidays!   We had many occasions to have dialogues on the Symbol of the Swastika in 2021.  All were online, and are available for th...